Saturday, October 23, 2010

HIV from Getting blood drawn?

I went for a blood assessment today. The nurse used a vacutainer needle to draw my blood and not a syringe so the nozzle was not wrapped it be just cap from both sides. Now, what worried me is that after the test, the nurse recap the needle from both sides and disposed it contained by the bin. my worry is, what if the nurse made a mistake and put the syringe back contained by the box with the investigational needles and used it on me !! Can I get HIV close to that? Yes, you could get HIV from a used syringe if the person who it be used on before you have HIV. You can tell when a syringe is used though, most have to be unwrapped and next uncapped. I dont think this is a immensely common mistake because nurses know how central it is to dispose of used needles Immediatly after they are used. Hepatitis would be a more likely possibility but you dont enjoy to worry, your probability are very slim.
Well if the nurse put it spinal column in and she put a used plunger in you consequently yes you could get. Although it is not awfully likely. You can bring back aids or hiv by needles, and fluids mixing, oh and then logically from a person beside an open cut that have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment